Matteson & I went up as soon as we got off work to visit with Eric, Jelena and Owen. I was SO anxious to finally meet this little guy! Aunt Arica & Danielle were visiting when we arrived and before we left Jim arrived to meet his first Grandson! Jelena, Eric and Owen were all doing great. Owen slept the whole time we were there, even through getting passed around to everyone. He never made a peep and seems to be a very content baby. Jelena looked great and just said that she was tired and sore, which is to be expected after birthing a human being! :)
As I walked into her room, I was overcome with the similarities. Then, as we talked about her delivery there were even more! Owen was born at 39 weeks and 1 day (same as Mikayla), he weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and is 21" long (exactly 1 lb. and 1" bigger than Mikayla), Jelena pushed for 8 minutes (I pushed for 8 minutes), and she is in the SAME room and SAME bed that I was in! :) It was too funny.... It's so nice having friends so close that have been through the same experiences!
Jelena and Owen have their own room so Eric can stay the night with them, which will be so great! They will come home on Thursday but for now, Jelena is enjoying her last bit of 'quiet' time in the hospital while she has nurses at her beck and call - who just so happen to deliver the best pain medication ever! ;)
Enough rambling from me - here are some long awaited pictures that I know you all want to see!
3 weeks ago

3 comments:
Eric & Jelena, Thank you both for giving us such a perfect beautiful grandson & nephew! Love, Grandma & Grandpa Heckathorn aka Paula & Jim, & Uncle Lance
Jelena & Eric, he is soooo handsome! You did great! I can't tell if he looks like Eric or Lance!? He is so cute, and I can't wait to meet him when you get home and settled in! Welcome to the mommy club! love ya!
he's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
Post a Comment